Beauty and the Beast and Almost Maine are the two shows that I have been apart of with the EKU Theatre Department. I can honestly say that the people I have met have really changed my life for good. Being apart of the cast of BATB showed me that I really can be apart of something magnificent and actually feel like I fit in somewhere. I changed my major because I realized that theatre is something I have always wanted to pursue and what a better way to realize it then actually being a part of a show. I want to thank Homer Tracy for actually giving me a dancing role because even though I was just a dancer I still felt important. I also want to thank Caitlin and Dave for giving me my VERY FIRST speaking role everrrrrrr. I hope to kick-ass tomorrow and thursday when we actually perform Almost Maine. I find myself becoming upset during the week and the only place I want to be is on a stage. Yeah, it gets sooo frustrating at times but it is worth it in the end. Everyone that has walked into my life since I joined the theatre department has really impacted me. I don't feel like an outsider anymore. I feel like I am apart of a family and it is such an amazing feeling. I CANT WAIT for next year to audition for more shows now that I have the confidence to do so. I really couldn't have asked for a better East then Andrew. He puts up with all of my crap with running lines all the time but he has helped me sooooo much :) I have way to many people to name that I feel like have made an impact on my life. Hmm.... Thomas was the best dance partner. I had NO faith in him when we first started doing the lift but he nailed every lift each night of the show and I was soooo happy. Being in the theatre department led me to a pretty amazing guy :) Logan... Thanks for being a great boyfriend and supporting me with my first endeavors to become a part of the theatre department. You are pretty much awesome and I couldn't ask for a better boyfriend. I need to take a nap before I go to rehearsal. So until next time......
If Life Gives You Lemons......
No comments:
Post a Comment